Friday, June 8, 2007

Love each other...

Well today is mainly a recovery week for us. We have been hit every which way with sicknesses. The entire family has been fighting sickness for about 3 months now. We seem to cycle one after another. So send up a prayer for us if you feel lead to! We feel that it is finally coming to an end (we pray)!

I did have a thought today though. Have you ever thought about all the different churches and how this must sound to people that have never been to church? I was thinking about how to explain this division to people. I mean how do you respond if one asks you why can’t the all the Christian churches get along? Why do they think the others are wrong?
It seems that a God that loves and wants people to live in unity is sure subdivided on rule interpretations.

The thing is how can we argue with that? It dose not only seem like it is but it is exactly what it is. I like what John Wimber (the founder of the Vineyard Churches) said “he tired to find God in every church he went to.” This is the heart that we need to adapt for the coming years to help people find their way into a relationship with God. We need to lose the negativity in our language and attitudes about others styles of Christian churches. We need to allow our views and our individual faith paths to be the main thing we converse about, not why we are better then others or why others are wrong and headed to “hell.”

We have to agree that we can be different in our approaches and even interpretations on the vague ideas such as drinking (not being an alcoholic) and smoking. We have to agree that Jesus is the way and there are absolutes which the bible is clear about but there is so much that is not spelled out in absolutes. We each have to work out things like smoking and language usage in fear and good consciousness before God.

I am not suggesting we water down the truth or that one has no responsibility to do their best to avoid sin(ing). I am saying that we can not go about blasting other types of followers of Christ. Jesus said if they are not against me then they are for me! How can we, and who do we think we are going about saying my type of church is really the right way and theirs is not.

I think we need to say I believe in Jesus and what that means to me is…. And let the others that follow a different methodology alone because they follow the same Jesus. I know that if I had to try to figure out what is what in Christianity I would be drawn to those who preach what they believe and leave the rest to God.

Just a thought from a man with a head cold LOL!!
Blessings…

No comments:

Post a Comment