Monday, June 4, 2007

HOW??????

I see them walking in the malls –
I see those drinking lattes at the coffee shops –
Some look so confident and others look so defiant –
Both are just hiding behind a wall for protection…
Yet I hear their souls crying for a direction –

Than I hear you asking me:
Reach them, teach them, and be Me to them –
Lift Me up to them so I can draw them to Me –

I stand here at a loss –
I have no idea how to do what you are asking me to do?

I hear you asking me:
Reach them, teach them, and be Me to them –
Lift Me up to them so I can draw them to Me –

How do I reach them –
How do teach them –
Our culture is shutting down my voice it is saying there is no truth or absolutes –
Lord I am afraid of messing up for you…

Still I hear you asking me to
Reach them, teach them, and be you to them –
Lift you up to them so you can draw them to you –

I sit here crying waiting for answer from you -----

Then from deep inside I hear your reply
Love them, be friends with them, met them where they are…
Then you can let your life -- be the truth
Let my words --- be the voice
And I will draw them to me…

No comments:

Post a Comment