Monday, July 9, 2007

Jesus the Great High Priest

Meditations on ~ Hebrews 4:13-15 (New International Version)

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

~ I love this and at the same time this kind of freaks me out. I mean how many times I have done things that I now that no human knows but it still was not privet. I love the fact that God also see the evil and the injustice that occurs in life. It is comforting to know that God can see those times that the world fails to be fair. I also like the idea that when you do those things that is good and right even in the face of other choices. The last line is one that we need to keep in mind --- we will answer for our lives LIKE IT or NOT… we have a responsibility to live our life well!!

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.

~ I at times like to think that Jesus is more than a friend someone that is very HOLY and keeping that supernatural even mysterious level of Spirituality alive. He is our High priest and as such we need to learn to heed his leadership as such.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.

~ I like to think about this part of Jesus a lot. I know that I am human and how many times I have failed. Yet here is the statement that Jesus has been down the paths I have and did not fail. Yes, I know He was fully God and the idea that any temptations could have effected him I know ridicules. Yet if he was tempted that means he can understand the thought pattern that I face and at least why my human failures do occur. I think the human Jesus went through the mental anguish of being human so he could fully relate to each of us.

The high priest led the worship in the sanctuary; He presented the sacrifices to atone for people’s sin. Now Jesus leads us in worship for he is that which is to be worshiped and His one act of sacrifice for all time and for all sin!

This is very hard and inspiring --- much like the whole of the Christian faith Journey…

No comments:

Post a Comment