Wednesday, August 7, 2019


I remember as a young man I watched Steve jobs on TV. He was going to change the world with his company – and he did! Then like all the rest of us will – he died. Very rich, but still he died.

Did he die right?

He was one of the richest men in the world. He could have had anything he wanted! He was a     demigod to some and guru to others – he was mourned by perhaps – billions but did he die right? 
I knew a simple man that lived in a simple house, did a simple job, and he too died.  He did not change the world, he did not have everything he wanted, he was a father to a couple of kids and husband to one, and he was mourned by only a handful. Did he die right?

 It is said that the only difference in a coffin is the wood it is made from but in the end, it will all decay just the same!

I have seen a huge grave memorials a few stories tall. They were made with the finest marble and craftsmanship. I have seen ones with high-tech video images and statues of grand size. I have walked in graveyards and seen simple stones simply saying “this was my beloved.”  I have been in graveyards so old that the stones where little more than rounded rocks and the large memorials only half what they were.  Yet the difference in the might to the tiny was nothing, as they all pointed to where a human was laid to rest.

There is a place for the Steve Jobs and for the simple men in life. Yet the question is did they live their lives to die right? How does one die right? Is there a right death?

Does being a demigod, mean you have a better death than a homeless person? 

For when the eyes grow dark for the last time is there a difference between men? (Ancient saying)

Life’s a great question, so we have been told is “why are we here?” 

We have religions and beliefs that try to answer this.
We have developed science and education that tries to answer this. 
We look to the heavens and space to try to answer this.

For those that believe they know this then they live their lives to uphold that so they can die right, even if it is in their own minds. Truly I believe the answer is unknowable!

Steve and the simple man lived the same lives!

Both had joys and fears.
Both had love and hate.
Both had success and failures
Both like the rest of us will end in death.

I write this from a place of thought and reflection as I too journey thought my life. I do not know if I will ever be ready to die?

I have come to the place where if I am only known as a simple man or become a demigod  in society’s eyes, in the end I know I will die.

So I share this – I do not know if I will die right BUT For me when I die I hope it will be “alright” for I have but two rules for my life:
1 – I believe there is a God that knows I exist for I am one of Gods creations! 
2 – Ones next journey depends on the love you give to others in this life!

We all live to die that is a fact – the question is not will I die right?

The Question is how I LIVE so when I die it will be alright?

That is the true question that only you can answer!


Encouraging your faith and life through this journey!

Photo by Scott Rodgerson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment